Primary Care Clinic Questions and Answers
Rocky Mount Family Medical Center is home to a team of leading medical professionals who care about your health. We provide a wide range of primary care to patients of all ages to keep you and your family feeling your best every day. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 804 English Road, Suite 100 Rocky Mount, NC 27804.
Table of Contents:
Primary care physicians, also known as primary care providers, provide the first point of contact with the healthcare system, helping patients address their medical needs. They may also handle routine or preventive care issues, and provide ongoing care for chronic health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and mental disorders.
Primary care services include all of the services that a primary care physician provides to their patients. At Rocky Mount Family Medical Center, these include:
• Employer Services
• Diabetes Management
• Pediatric Care
• Family Care
• Men’s Health Care
• Women’s Health Care
• Ancillary Services
• Joint Injections (Cortisone)
• Laboratory Services
Everyone has different health needs; the time one person should see a primary care physician is different from the next. Although the rate at which someone should see a primary care physician is different in every situation, it is generally recommended for healthy adults to see the doctor once a year. For a better understanding of how often a visit with a primary care physician should occur, it is important to consider the following factors:
• Age — Between the ages of 15 and 35, most people are in good health and experience few complications. Therefore, they may not need to visit the doctor as often as someone of a more advanced age.
• Chronic Problems — Anyone with chronic medical problems, including diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, have more complex health needs and must visit their doctor more often. Instead of an annual visit, patients with one or more chronic health conditions should visit the doctor at least once every six months, and in some cases even every three months.
• Health Condition — More frequent visits should also take place for people with health problems such as allergies, asthma, sudden change in weight, and low BMI.
• Family History — Those who have a family history of chronic health conditions, as well as those at a higher risk of developing certain conditions, should schedule more frequent visits with their doctor. Preventing health complications is even more important when there is an increased risk involved.
Primary care is designed to deliver affordable care to patients in need of healthcare services. In addition to this, primary care is covered under most insurance plans and these clinics accept insurance from many of the most popular providers. At Rocky Mount Family Medical Center, we accept the following insurance providers:
• Aetna Medicare Advantage
• AmeriHealth Caritas
• BCBS Healthy Blue
• BCBS NC
• Blue Value/Blue Home
• Bright Health
• Carolina Complete Health
• Cigna – Not Cigna Connect
• Multiplan (PHCS)
• NC Medicaid
• NC Medicaid Managed Care Plans
• State Health Plan-Will be 1/2022
• UHC Medicare Advantage
• United Healthcare
• United Healthcare Community Plan
• United Healthcare Exchange Plans
• WakeMed Employee HMO – Contigo Health
• Tricare for Life
There are many benefits primary care physicians provide, from improving quality of life to increasing life expectancy. Additional benefits include:
• Improved Quality of Care — By seeing the patient for all of their concerns, primary care physicians can develop a deeper understanding of their health, allowing them to provide a higher level of care for their patients.
• Focus on Prevention — Primary care places a strong emphasis on preventative care, including regular physical evaluations and lifestyle modifications such as improving diet and increasing exercise. This helps to prevent a wide number of health concerns, lowers the rate of hospitalizations, and elongates life expectancy.
• Early Management of Health Conditions — To detect early changes that could be indicative of a specific disease, primary care providers can also recommend screening measures. This may include blood tests, checking blood pressure, prostate exams, breast examinations, and bowel cancer screening.
Rocky Mount Family Medical Center is dedicated to providing you with all of your primary care needs. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 804 English Road, Suite 100 Rocky Mount, NC 27804. We serve patients from Rocky Mount NC, Nashville NC, Westry NC, Dortches NC, Red Oak NC, and Sharpsburg NC.