Confidential STD Testing in Rocky Mount, NC
All STI/STD tests done at Rocky Mount Family Medical Center are safe, easy, and confidential. Call us or schedule an appointment online for your confidential STD test! We are conveniently located at 804 English Road, Suite 100 Rocky Mount, NC 27804.
Table of Contents:
STI/STD symptoms can be different depending on the STI/STD you may have contracted, however, usually, you will notice one of these symptoms:
• Unusual discharge from the vagina, penis, or anus
• Pain when you are peeing
• Lumps or skin growths around the genitals area or anus
• Unusual vaginal bleeding
• Itchy genitals or itchy anus
• Blisters or sores appearing around your genitals or anus
• Warts appearing around your genitals or anus
• Warts appearing around your mouth, in your mouth or throat (this is very rare)
If you do notice any one of the above listed symptoms, visit Rocky Mount Family Medical Center for a confidential STD test to find out if you are infected, and which treatment option is available for your STI/STD.
You should also visit us if you or your partner is showing symptoms of an STI/STD, if you are worried due to having sex without a condom, or if you are pregnant and showing symptoms of an STI/STD.
Unfortunately, many STI/STDs show no symptoms including HIV. The one way for you to know for sure that you do not have an STI/STD is to get tested.
It is highly recommended you have a routine screening test for STI/STDs each year if you are sexually active. This is to rule out any STI/STDs that do not show any symptoms, as you may not be aware that you have contracted an STI/STD without a test being completed.
STI/STD testing offers the ability to find an infection early on, due to this you can get treatment for it and prevent the spread of the infection to others. If you leave an STI/STD untreated, it can lead to serious complications.
If you or your partner’s STI/STD test shows up positive, you or your partner will need to also get a test completed to make sure they can get the treatment needed if they also contracted an STI/STD.
Some STI/STDs can be cured with treatment, while others cannot. However, most STI/STDs can receive treatment to help with any symptoms.
Depending on the symptoms you are showing, or if you aren’t showing any symptoms at all, a few STI/STD tests may be conducted. Your doctor will help you to figure out which test is needed, as you will go over the following during your appointment:
• Any symptoms you may be experiencing
• If you or your partner have ever contracted an STD before
• Number of sexual partners you’ve been with
• Kinds of sexual contact you’ve had (this includes oral, anal, or vaginal sex, anything with skin-to-skin genital contact or the passing of sexual fluids)
• How often you use protection during sexual contact (ex. Condoms and dental dams)
• Anything else that would increase your chances of certain infections (including sharing needles)
STD Testing is quick and a simple process, and usually does not hurt. There is not one single test to rule out all STI/STDs, as each has its own test that needs to be conducted in order to find out if you are positive or negative. These tests you may have to do include:
• Urine sample (pee into the cup provided)
• Cheek swab (rub a swab on the inside of your cheek to test for HIV)
• Blood test (lab test will take a sample of your blood from your arm or a quick prick of your finger)
• Physical exam (the doctor will examine your genital area to check for any sign of warts, sores, rashes, irritation, or unusual discharge)
• Testing of your sores (the doctor will take a sample of fluid from any of your sores or blisters with a swab)
• Swab sample of discharge or cell samples from your genital areas, urethra, cervix, anus, and throat
These tests will be sent off to a lab to complete an analysis of them and offer the results back to your doctor to review with you.
All STI/STD tests done at Rocky Mount Family Medical Center are safe, easy, and confidential. We provide the utmost care when it comes to our patients, and show you the respect you deserve when it comes to your health and wellness. If you have any questions about our confidential STD testing, call us or schedule an appointment online! We are conveniently located at 804 English Road, Suite 100 Rocky Mount, NC 27804. We serve patients from Rocky Mount NC, Nashville NC, Westry NC, Dortches NC, Red Oak NC, and Sharpsburg NC.